My name is Caroline Taylor, the founder of Choose To Be You and I am 18 years old. I created this inspirational initiative to motivate others to use their passions to help in their communities. Choose To Be You, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that I launched in 2017, inspires all people to be their authentic selves and discover a voice that they can use to make a difference in the world.
Through the growth of Choose To Be You, I have had many amazing experiences:
- Served as youth ambassador for the Boston-based MEDIAGIRLS organization
- Youth leader of Florida-based MissHeard Media
- Keynote speaker at the National Mentoring Summit in Washington, D.C. on the importance of youth mentoring January 2020
- March of 2020, I was the recipient of the 2020 Rising Star Award from the Women's Journey Foundation and spoke about Choose To Be You in Irvine, California for their HERstory Event
- Scholarship winner as a Young Women Leader for the 2021 R.I.S.E. Women's Leadership Conference
My hope for Choose To Be You is to grow the campaign nationally as well as globally. I also started virtual middle school clubs, Choose To Make Waves, at local schools in Rhode Island. My vision is to start more clubs in the future to teach young teens how to use social media to do good around the world.
When I am not working on Choose To Be You, I love spending time with my family and friends. I currently attend Fairfield University in Fairfield, Connecticut, where I am majoring in Marketing and exploring double minors in Analytics and Humanitarian Action. In June of 2021, I graduated from La Salle Academy in Providence, RI.
I also am a passionate fundraiser and participant in rides and events for the Pan Mass Challenge, which is an annual cycling ride that benefits cancer research for Dana Farber.
As Choose To Be You grows, my goal is to encourage people to make a difference in the world and discover a passion that allows them to be themselves. I hope that people are inspired to stand up for their beliefs and never be afraid to back down from their dreams! Anything is possible, and all it takes is a strong heart and mind to make a single change in the world.